1. When was the Sharjah Supreme Council for Family Affairs (SCFA) established?
The Supreme Council for Family Affairs was established in 2000 based on an Emiri decree.
2. Who chairs SCFA?
Her Highness Sheikha Jawaher Bent Mohammed Al Qasimi, wife of His Highness the Ruler of Sharjah and Chairperson of the Supreme Council for Family Affairs.
3. What are the departments that falls under the umbrella of SCFA?
o General Secretariat
o Family Development Department and Branches
o Media and Cultural Office
o Health Promotion Department
• Friends of Cancer Patients.
• Friends of Breastfeeding Association.
• Friends of Kidney Patients Association.
• Friends of Diabetes Association.
• Friends of Arthritis Patients Association.
o Child Safety Department
o Sharjah Child Friendly Office
4. What entity does the SCFA report to?
SCFA is affiliated with the Sharjah Government.